Do I Have Anger Issues?

Why is it than when I get angry, I feel the urge to yell and eventually scream? Why does it make me want to hit or throw things when it gets really bad? How do I handle rage in a way that won't hurt anyone?

I scared myself with how angry I got today at things that were beyond my control (which is the main cause of anger for me). The fact that I wanted to throw things really made me upset. Because I once knew someone who would throw things when he got really angry, which led to said things breaking on at least one occasion. I don't want to be mean. I don't want to break anything or hurt anyone. But there's this energy that has to be released somehow, it just won't fade away.

Maybe I need to swear more? Apparently it can be therapeutic. But I don't want to swear. When I was younger, I coped my parents, and they shouted at me for it, which told me that swearing is something I should never do because it would mean I would get shouted at for doing something I perceived as innocent at the time. That's how much of an impact it had on me. And that same person I mentioned above, he tried to get me to swear more often, but I just felt uncomfortable using those words, especially so casually. It's just not me.

So I don't know what to do. How do I deal with that raging energy without breaking anything or hurting anyone or swearing? 

Popular posts from this blog

I Just Can't Win

Nothing Interesting On

Missing